Wednesday 16 November 2016

First Scene Shots have been filmed - Production Blog 1

My group and I have filmed the first shots for our music video which was the Party Scene. The scene was filmed in a Drama Classroom and we chose this classroom as it had black walls, ceiling and flooring which makes the scene look more dark like a club/party. Jacob who is in charge of mise-en-scene and Thomas who is in charge of props and lighting helped us with the prop ideas and lighting style such as the use of RGB party lights. Thomas also had the decision of what type of clothing should be worn by the artist (Jacob) in order to make it suit the Hip Hop genre. I wanted to use a smoke machine in the shits as I felt it would make the video stand out more and make it feel more like a club/party. The media department provided us with the smoke machine to use in our shots.

I was directing where the party scene should be filmed in the room and I also directed how it should be filmed, what it should look like and what I want the artist to do in the video. I also filmed some of the shots as we used my personal camera to film these shots and I also used my own personal dolly as well to get great shots. I wanted the video to have panning and dolly shots and therefore I filmed the shots which looked like that and the other shots were also filmed by James.

We had a slight issue of lighting in the shots and therefore the quality of the video was lowered and the picture quality was a bit noisy as the lighting wasn't great in the set. Despite this minor issue, the shots still came out great and it looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment