Friday 18 November 2016

Filming 2nd Scene in Thamesmead - Production Blog 2

Yesterday my group and I went to film another scene of our music video in West Thamesmead, this location was the we found while taking pictures for our digipak photoshoot. We had the artist (Jacob) wear his costume that day and we also took equipment such as a dolly, tripod and camera. James was filming this scene and I was going to direct how I wanted the shot to look like and what I wanted the artist to do. I wanted the artist to walk and interact with the camera while it was tracking him walking. I wanted this music video to break the fourth wall, I want the artist to talk to the audience who are watching and listening to the music video.

James tried to film this shot with the dolly provided by the media department but because the ground was not level and was not stable, the dolly was very shaky and therefore the shots were shaky as the dolly had no suspension. I then decided we are going to have to film the scene handheld, James then filmed the scene multiple times in order for us to get the best shot. The shots looked okay but were still quite shaky due to it being handheld, my group and I will reshoot this shot of the final edit and we will this time use a shoulder cam or a steady cam to keep the shot smooth.

I will then soon import these shots and the Party Scene Shots into Final Cut Pro and I will start to edit the first edit for this music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment