Thursday 24 November 2016

Filming the final scenes - Production Blog 4

We decided to film the final shots in the local area of welling. I was directing this scene as well as starring in the scene as a background actor. Thomas who is in charge of props and lighting was also acting in this scene. Thomas and Jacob decided on what the costumes should be in this shot and Jame and I decided on the location we wanted to film in which was a alleyway with garages. James filmed this shot handheld while I directed him and told him how I wanted him to film it. It was hard for me to direct and act in this scene and therefore James was confused on how he was meant to film this scene and how I wanted it to be. It is best for me to be behind the camera and direct the Cinematographer (James) in how I want to film this scene.

We also filmed in the Chip Shop because I wanted the artist (Jacob) to be in a natural environment. I again wanted to break the fourth wall in this music video and I wanted Jacob to talk towards the camera and the audience when he said "Hold the phone". The owner of the Fish and Chip shop was happy for us to film in his store as long as we promote the name of the store which we do with a pan up at the end of the shot. The shots were shaky and again because I was acting and directing at the same time, James was confused on how I wanted him to film the shot and that is why we are going to reshot this shot as well for our final edit.

My group and I are going to use these shots in the first edit but for the final edit we are going to refill these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment